Prize Package | Contest Guidelines | Getting Started
Enter the East Tennessee Children's Hospital Young Authors Contest to
win an iPad for you AND your teacher!
Middle schoolers from the East Tennessee region
are invited to compete to author an original book featuring fun facts
about East Tennessee. Illustrated by patients from East Tennessee Children's Hospital, East Tennessee from A to Z will
be professionally designed, published, and sold to benefit East Tennessee Children's Hospital.
You must be over 18 to register a child. Parental consent is required.
- A iPad for you AND your teacher
- A Book Launch Party in your honor
- Recognition in the book and related publicity
- Open to all public, private, and home-educated sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students in Forsyth County.
- Entries may be submitted from Monday, April 9, 2012 to Friday, April 27, 2012.
- A East Tennessee from A to Z starter list will be
provided to all applicants; however, students are urged to research
East Tennessee history and add ideas of their own.
- A panel of local leaders will select the winning entry; winners will be notified in May 2012.
- All applicants must sign a copyright assignment form.
- A parent or guardian must authorize each student's participation.
Please Note: The winning entry may be edited prior to publication. All entries become property of Books by Kids.
Please register by clicking on the appropriate button at the top of this page.
Parental consent is required for each child that participates. Click here to download the consent form.
Please mail the
completed form(s) to the following address:
Books by Kids Foundation - East Tennessee CONTEST
RE: East Tennessee Children's Hospital Young Authors Contest
1021 Oak Street
Jacksonville, FL 32204
Once you've mailed the consent form, you're ready to get started! Please print and review the following documents:
Click on the pages below to view other books in the A to Z Series: